Play Cribbage Online -- As Microsoft Zone's Cribbage is Closed, Cribbage at GameColony.com
Welcomes ACC Cribbage Players
GameColony Cribbage players attend Reno 2018 Live Cribbage Tournament.
Gamecolony is now a new home for American Cribbage Congress (ACC) - the largest cribbage players association in the world..
ACC has just launched its new co-branded cribbage site powered by GameColony.com. Co-branded ACC/GameColony.com site is now live and linked via cribbage.org home page (ACC@GameColony) to www.gamecolony.com/acc/
ACC and GameColony.com promote cribbage and have online cribbage games and tournaments offered via their co-branded site. Both free games and games for cash prizes are available.
ACC was previously associated with Microsoft Zone's cribbage. Microsoft Zone has closed its online cribbage on June 19, 2006.
Below are the important advantages of co-branded ACC/GameColony site as compared to the former Microsoft Zone cribbage:
- Secure Site: At ACC/GameColony site you see only the cards that are needed for play at the time of play, the remaining cards are placed on the secure server until needed. (ACC cribbage commissioner Robert Milk comments, "I play frequently on a 28.8 dial-up [at the site powered by GameColony.com], and there is almost no delay."
- Manual Scoring Option - This is a unique option for sites powered by GameColony.com - this option requires that you score your points during play and count your own hand and crib. If you claim more than you have, you peg is placed in the correct hole and the non-offending player receives the amount of overpeg as a penalty. Before starting to use the advanced manual scoring option, the beginners are encouraged to play with default automatic scoring; this allows everyone to become familiar with the site before adding complexities.
- Responsive Contact Us - A means to request information from Game Colony. Some examples include; various issue reports, questions, comments, rules, concerns, etc. Once submitted, you receive an acknowledgement within several minutes. Game Colony strives to respond to all submitted requests within 8 hours.
- GameColony has a reliable 24/7 system diminishing disconnects/boots. Per Robert Milk: "In four years only once was I not able to return to the exact point of the game from which I was at the time of the disconnect. I have played over 7500 games on this site and only on one disconnect could I not return to the exact point (about 3 years ago)."
- GameColony cribbage supports both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- GameColony has a great dedicated team of Tournament Directors
Long before the United Kingdom had legalized gambling, cribbage was the only game that was allowed to be played for money in the pubs. Under the current 1968 UK Gaming Act, games classified as forms of skill (non-gambling) include cribbage, chess, dominoes, and bridge.
Cribbage is a card game where skill (as opposed to chance) is a predominant factor. That's why when players compete in Cribbage tournaments or games for cash prizes, they do not "gamble" -- according to the statutes of most US states, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". Playing cribbage for money is, thus, a "competitive entertainment" rather than "gambling". Skill plays a predominant role in the majority of hands in Cribbage and, especially over the long run, the more skilled player is destined to win more cash prizes!